Vortex Race 3 Manual
November 25, 2022
One of my mechanical keyboards is the Vortex Reace 3 with Cherry MX Clear switches. I added the Metropolis GMK keycaps. I like this board because its almost as compact as a 60% keyboard but has almost the same number of keys as a TKL board.
- Windows: Pn + W
- Mac: Pn + M
- Linux: Pn + L
- QWERTY: Fn + Home
- COLEMAK: Fn + PgUp
- DVORAK: Fn + PgDn
LEDs under the left side of the spacebar indicates the layer you are on.
- None - Default
- Red - Layer 1
- Green - Layer 2
- Blue - Layer 3
LEDs under the right side of the spacebar indicates the keyboard layout
- None - QWERTY (default)
- Red - COLEMAK
- Green - DVORAK
- Blue - Windows Lock
Cycle through layers with Fn + R-Shift.
The default layer is controlled by the firmware and is not remappable. To remap keys you need to be in Layer 1-3.
- Press the Fn + R-Ctrl keys. (Solid white led signals mapping mode active)
- Press the target key(s) to be re-mapped. (Flashing red led signals start of mapping)
- Press the key(s) sequence to map to the target key
- Press the Pn key. (Solid white led signals key(s) re-mapped)
- Repeat for additional keys
- To end the re-mapping, press the Fn + R-Ctrl keys
- Press and hold the Fn + L-Alt keys for 3 seconds, then release
- Press the key to act as the Fn key
- Press and host the Fn + r keys for 5 seconds, then release
- The original Fn key can also be used even if it has been re-mapped
- Press and hold the L-Alt + R-Alt keys for 5 seconds, then release